Go through the list of some of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to studying in the UK.

How do I choose an academic programme?

We encourage all candidates to visit our Study UK website, which contains valuable and practical information about higher education in the UK.

How do I apply for studies at UK higher education institutions?

Most undergraduate applications are made through a central application system called UCAS (The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Additional information, including application deadlines, can be found on UCAS’s website

If you are looking for further information for undergraduate applications please visit our StudyUK website

Postgraduate applications are usually made directly to the institution. You can find details about fees, deadlines and requirements on the Higher Education Institution’s website. Requirements for programmes vary, but they usually include IELTS, transcripts, letters of recommendation and a personal statement. Some programmes (MBA for example) have additional requirements such as GMAT. 

If you're looking for further information for postgraduate applications please visit our StudyUK website.  

We encourage all candidates for undergraduate or postgraduate studies to prepare all the required application material in advance and to apply as early as possible for your desired programme.

Where can I find information about funding and scholarships?

Every higher education institution (HEI) in the UK offers a wide variety of scholarships / funding for international students. Further information about scholarships and funding opportunities can be found on the relevant HE institution’s website.

Details about additional funding opportunities available specifically for Israeli students can be found on our Education funding page.

If you plan to apply for scholarships and funding, you are advised to apply early (but within the dates provided by the funding body); some scholarship/funding programmes have very early deadlines (November for the following October).

While some scholarship providers require an offer letter from the higher education institution you are applying for, others may review your application before you have received an offer from the relevant institution.

Postgraduate and post-doc applicants are encouraged to check www.jobs.ac.uk website.

Where can I find information about Visa related matters?

Details about Visas and Immigration in connection with your studies in the UK can be found on the UK government visas website.

Additionally, most British higher education institutions have an international student office which assists international candidates; for further assistance we advise contacting the relevant office where you have an offer from and intend to study.

Do I need to take the IELTS, or similar, English proficiency test?

Generally, you will need to prove that your English is at the required level for studying in the UK.

There are various tests and standards for English proficiencies accepted by various universities. Please consult with your university which documents/information it requires in order to prove your level of English and to find out which English test it recognises. 

One of the most widely used English proficiency test is our IELTS (International English Language Testing System) which is globally recognised for study and immigration purposes. 

Additional information about our IELTS test can be found on our IELTS page

Please note that we do not offer personal consulting services for studying in the UK.

You are highly encouraged to visit our Study UK global website covering a wide range of information.

Specifically, you might be interested in information about:

The UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs) also offers valuable information for international students.

Disclaimer: The information is given solely for general knowledge as a starting point, and does not replace by any means the relevant law and/or guidelines of each institution.