We are a globally trusted brand. Partnering with us gives you access to extensive networks and expertise in international English learning, and programmes in culture and education.
Established in 1934, the British Council has 191 offices in 110 countries and territories
We have been operating in Israel since 1950.
- A globally trusted brand
- We know how to work in different cultures and languages around the world
- Our expertise spans education and language teaching, all art forms & creative industries, youth and community engagement, governance and reform.
- We maintain strong international networks at all level from young learners to government ministers
- We work closely with UK government departments, national governments and ministries around the world, and multilateral organisations
Our global audience
In 2011-12 across the world:
- We worked with 12.5 million people face-to-face
- We increased the number of teaching centre students to 308,000 and exams candidates to 1,969,000.
- 9.5 million people came to exhibitions, fairs and festivals.
- Total income was £739 million up £46 million on last year.
Our global mission is to build trust and opportunity
We are proud to be British and we are proud to be international. Through our work in Education, English and Arts we make a real difference to the lives of millions of people in the UK and around the world. We’ve been doing this for over 75 years.
We are driven by our mission to build trust and opportunity. Our goals are ambitious and we will only achieve them in partnership. That is why we work with thousands of national and international organisations each year: national governments in the UK and around the world, businesses, non-governmental organisations and foundations, and international governmental organisations.
We understand the corporate social responsibility and marketing strategies of our business partners, and the development, education and arts strategies of our public and third sector partners. Our bank of trust, our expertise in policy, skills and content can help you to achieve your goals. Join us.
‘The British Council is a partner we really value and trust. On the ground, around the world they have the access, contacts and people to make things happen.’
- Richard Scudamore, Chief Executive, Barclays Premier League